Monday, August 14, 2017

Why Bother With The 100 Day Challenge?

This challenge does two things. First, it gets you into the habit of creating every day, with or without an idea or inspiration. Jane Dunnewold said this well in her book, Creative Strength Training. She says:
I began to understand how to sustain creative ability by regularly creating. That's why they call it a practice. Go to the studio and make something. Go to the studio and make something. It's just another version of reps.
You can see her book here:  Creative Strength Training

The other thing about this challenge is, that it's almost impossible not to find your voice. It's a paradox about that though. I had a fan once say that she could always recognize my work. I don't see it. I don't see "my voice." I guess it's like not seeing the forest for the trees.

So, on to Day 60.......

No comments:

Post a Comment