Thursday, August 3, 2017

100 Day Challenge # 48, # 49 and #50

I'm attending a networking event and I need business cards. I like to make my own, because it's fun and every one is one-of-a-kind. They are much more interesting than commercially printed cards. I begin by painting over a magazine page as substrate. I scribble first with a crayon (in this case wax pastels because they were within reach) and then overpaint with acrylic. Here are my 2 pages.



I wish that this were my idea, but I must credit Roxanne Padgett. Here's a link to her wonderful book: Acrylic Techniques in Mixed Media

The next step is to stencil and/or stamp over the painting. This will be my next 100 Day Challenge post. 


100 Day Challenge # 49

So, step 2 is to take the above painted pages and stencil, stamp and collage over them with scraps from my stash. Yes they are very busy but trust me, this works in step 3.





100 Day Challenge # 50


100 Day Challenge # 50  (First of 4 photos.) So after completing the painted pages, you attach business card templates to the BACK of each page. When dry, cut the cards out. To see the result, scroll down...


Some of you may be thinking that this is a lot of work. No, it's a lot of PLAY. Put an address label on the back with your contact information and you're finished. Thanks again to Roxanne Padgett, who added fun to my art practice.


No comments:

Post a Comment