Sunday, June 16, 2013

This Piece IS Finished! (or not!)

It has taken me a while to come to terms with this piece. It began as a 4-page accordion book which is shown in the post directly under this one. I wasn't satisfied so I kept working it. Thanks to those who viewed and commented! Two of the pages eventually pleased me, but the remaining ones seemed overworked. I mounted my favorites on black card stock. The leaves on the front cover were originally masks for inking the pages. The colored circles were cut from an unused page. The turquoise rawhide ties it together.
I am finally satisfied. PS 12/21/13 Looking at this again, I'm going to add some paint splatters to the leaves on the cover. They are pretty, but need a little something else. I'll post when it's done.




This piece took a long time to evolve, but that happens!

1 comment: